- Winner, Stanley Drama Award
- Winner, Shiras Institute/Mildred and Albert Panowski Playwriting Award
- Finalist, National Playwrights Conference, Eugene O’Neill Theater Center
- Finalist, Drama League of New York Playwriting Award
- Produced: Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
- Produced: Forest Roberts Theatre, Northern Michigan University
- Produced: Actors Guild of Lexington
- Reading: New York City, Drama League of New York
- Reading: San Diego, Gaslamp Theater
A boy retreats into a frightening, magical world. A powerful story of denial and love.
Commissioned by Chenango River Theatre, Greene, New York
Produced: Chenango River Theatre, Bill Lelbach, directing
Based on true events. A couple on their honeymoon in 1928 vanishes off the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon while trying to set three records. Their empty boat is found above Separation Rapid but they’ve never been found. A love story; a mystery.
The play was constructed using multiple sources, many from the Huntington Library, Munger Research Center, including access to a copy of Bessie’s diary.